Sunday, August 24, 2008

Zucchini Fritatta

You might recognize this, I'm trying to pull over my recipes from my Livejournal and post them here. Sorry for the repeats in the meantime!

Zucchini Fritatta

Zucchini Fritatta
100g salami, thinly sliced and cut into strips
2 red onions*, cut into thin rings
1 zucchini (courgette), cut in thin slices
6 eggs
Herb mix (mixture of basil, oregano, chives, parsley, and thyme- just add how much you think is good)
100g goat cheese**, grated

Preheat the oven to 200° C (400ish F).

Heat a tiny bit of olive oil (just enough to make the salami not stick) in a frying pan, and fry the salami until crisp. Scoop onto a papertowel to pat out the excess grease.

Fry the onion rings and zucchini slices for about 5 minutes, just to soften them up a little bit.

Beat the eggs and spices together in a bowl, along with a little bit of salt, pepper and half of the cheese.

Put the zucchini and onions in the bottom of a large oven dish, and then pour the egg mixture over the top.

Sprinkle the salami and remaining cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.


*The red onions I buy here are -teeny- compared to the ones I got in the US... so if you're reading this thinking "That's a whoooole lotta onion," it's really not. I'd say -maybe- a third of a cup to a half a cup of the red onion.

**I find goat cheese extremely displeasing to my mouth (if you licked a goat, that's exactly what it would taste like, I swear), so I just used mozzarella in the egg mixture, and mozzarella with a tiny bit of shredded gouda for the top.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a fun blog! I love to read about people in other countries lives...:) I would love to be able to travel to Europe,but alas the money just isn't there for me! Your menu looks yummy and your button wreath is adorable.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog and have a happy week.
*smiles*
Kim

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails