Monday, October 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- October 27, 2008

click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas

I'm so impressed with myself! I managed to make everything on my menu last week. If you missed it, here's a link for my Pot Sticker How-to.

This week:

Curry Sprouts- (Recipe is in Dutch) I love trying new sprout recipes! I will see how it looks when I make it, but I think the cream in the recipe could easily be eliminated.

Potato Carrot Gratin- (Recipe is in Dutch) I think I'm going to sub out some of the potatoes that it calls for with cauliflower.

Spaghetti- I need to get my mom's sauce recipe. Mine never turns out quite as delicious as hers!

I decided we'd have a special spooky Halloween dinner this year. Here's what I've got planned:

Mummy Dogs
Abracadabra Hats
Tomato Soup with Goop (instead of cheese goop, I might just pipe creme fraiche in a spiderweb pattern)

I need to read the ads for this week and see what vegetables are on sale. Hopefully they will include sprouts and cauliflower!


We're going to stay in a bungalow on the island of Texel the week after next. We're trying to plan what we'll need for the week and take it with us since we'll be on the island and don't want to get stuck paying huge "tourist supermarket" prices. I'd love to hear ideas for easy meals with portable ingredients! We'll have a kitchen and we're going to take our little Turbo oven with us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The curry sprouts = Yummy recipe! I happen to have those ingredients in my refrigerator, so I'm making these tonight ;-) Thanks for sharing!

Vivi said...

Your bungalow week sounds like fun. I would freeze your left-over spaghetti sauce, and take it frozen. It can be thawing on your way and serve as an ice pack too. Then all you have to do is boil your pasta while you are there.

mub said...

Oh Vivi, I hadn't even thought of that! Great idea, thank you =)

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for making everything on your list.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails