Sunday, October 05, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- October 5, 2008

click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas

Last week:

We liked the Crockpot Chicken and Brown Rice but I felt like there was just a little -something- missing. It was better with a little added salt, but I might try to season the rice differently next time I make it.

I didn't make the Low Carb Pizza because I contracted the plague and was having a nasty med reaction and just didn't feel like messing with it.

This week:

Lucky me for having a husband that likes to cook! He's making us pork medallions and witlof salad tonight, and sometime this week he's going to be making a red cabbage stew because we're having people over. The rest is up to me though ;) All of these recipes are new because I have a serious backlog of "untested" in my recipe file. I might as well test them and see if they're good enough to add to the "tried and true" file!

Stuffed Peppers Casserole- This is interesting because it's -like- stuffed peppers without actually -needing- whole peppers. I have a freezer full of sliced, so this is perfect. I'll let everyone know how we like it next week.

Whole Chicken in the Slowcooker- I've got a chicken in the freezer that I'm going to use to make this. The reviews say to use less oil, and maybe marinate the bird for a couple hours before starting to cook so I'll give it a go.

Spicy Sauteed Chickpeas, Beef, & Cilantro- I think I've got everything on hand for it except Spike Seasoning... which I have no idea what is so I will be making some substitutions I'm sure.

Cornmeal Crusted Catfish- This looks simple enough that I won't foul it up!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Mub! You’re invited to “My Favorite Things Monday” inspired by the Sound of Music! You sharing a picture and story of your current ‘favorite thing’ that cheered you up when life got you down, would be a blessing! I hope you can come! http://www.sarahlcc.blogspot.com The cookin' looks good; I hope it all turns out well for you! Which reminds me, I need to post my meal plan. Take care.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails