Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Won Ton Tacos

Won Ton Tacos

You will need:

12 won ton wrappers
1/4 lb ground beef (turkey, chicken, or pork would work too)
1 cup cooked black beans (canned works)
1 onion, diced
3/4 cup salsa*
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Brown the meat and saute the onion. Drain any excess fat you don't care to consume (I don't bother if I have used really lean meat, but when I use pork I do drain it). Add the taco seasoning, salsa, and beans and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.

Press a won ton wrapper into the section of a muffin tin. The sides overlap a little- this is okay. Sprinkle with a little bit of cumin. Repeat for the remaining wrappers. By this time your meat mixture is probably finished cooking, so go ahead and split it evenly between the little won ton cups. Bake at 220 C (425 F) for about 8 minutes. Quickly sprinkle cheese on top of each and return to the oven for a couple more minutes so the cheese can get nice and melty.

The tacos should just pop out of the muffin tins. Serve with your favorite taco toppings. We did salsa and sour cream. Next time I'll have some lettuce and guacamole handy too.

*Note about the salsa- I usually just make a small batch of fresh salsa for stuff like this. Since it's not very "wet" (it's more like Pico de gallo) like you find with jarred salsas, I add a tablespoon or two of tomato paste and a little water. If you use jarred salsa, this probably isn't necessary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can attest that this was as tasty as it looks like.

Sonya said...

hhmm..lekker! lol Ok where did you find won ton wrappers?? I think I need to go shopping with you to find all these things:)

TMac said...

I'm so making these. They sound great!

mub said...

Sonya- I found them at our giant toko here in Eindhoven. They have all sorts of goodies there =)

Wizardress said...

These look delish, and would be a great idea to serve at a lunch, or even at one of those fun loving dutch birthdays heehee if you made them in a mini muffin pan. it wouldn't hold much, but a 'bite' but I think it would be fun.

Wani said...

yum-o

Brooks said...

These are great!! I can't wait to try them!! Thanks so much for stopping by my page! Please come by again and Follow if you like!
I also love the vintage Thuresday that you do here, I will have to check that out!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails