Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Stuffing

I got this recipe from my Grandma Mortensen. I think it's the best stuffing recipe I've ever had!

Thanksgiving Stuffing
2 quarts (8 cups) bread cubes
1 cube margarine or butter (115 grams), melted
1/2 cup water or turkey bullion
1/2 cup melted honey
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sage
1 tsp rosemary, crushed
1 apple, grated
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup celery, cut small
1/2 cup onion, grated

Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the bread cubes. Stir until bread is covered. Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 45 minutes.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm! The honey-touch sounds interesting! I will try this for my Thanksgiving dinner this week :-) Thanks for sharing!

mub said...

A Touch of Dutch- I hope you enjoy it!

susymac said...

omg!! it's almost the same as mine minus the crushed nuts!!...and it IS fab!!...i like the honey touch....did it make it too sweet?

mub said...

suzymac- Once it's baked the honey is really subtle! Nuts sound like they'd make a really good addition too.

threesidesofcrazy said...

This sounds amazing. All the harvest flavors sound like they meld together so well.

annies home said...

dont remember having carrots in the stuffing will have to try this

Unknown said...

This sounds WONDERFUL!!! with honey and the carrots are so different.
Geri

Christy said...

What an unusual stuffing - I am so going to try it. Maybe not for Thanksgiving - not "traditional" enough, but certainly for a Sunday dinner.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails