Saturday, March 07, 2009

This and That


A few weeks ago I ordered new sunglasses. Between the Carnaval holiday and the shop being remodeled, it took awhile for them to come in. I finally got them this week! I guess there is some strange irony in getting new sunglasses in a country that has more rainy grey days than sunny ones, but every now and then there is a nice day. Plus, they'll come in handy when I go to Utah next month! Excuse crazy hair, I cycled through a tornado to pick these up (okay not really, but it was windy).


***

Today we went to the thrift store and I was able to find a new (to me at least) food processor! It's obviously seen a few years pass in it's life, but it seemed to come with all of the blades that it would've come with when it was new. Martijn cleaned it up a bit for me and chopped an onion to test it out. This won't replace Little Choppy but I've had my eyes out for something a little bigger for awhile now. If my mom's Cuisinart would work here, I'd probably have kidnapped it. She's lucky we run on a different voltage here.

I also managed to find another JAJ Pyrex dish to match the yellow and orange one that I found a few months ago. It's the smaller dish and the lid has a bit of damage, but it's orange AND yellow. How could I resist?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool new shades!!

Noodle said...

I can't wait untill you come out again... How long will you be in town?

Amy said...

I LOVE my little choppy device. I use it almost every day. I can't imagine life without it. I am so glad you found another one. Yay! Now, I am anxiously awaiting the naming ceremony of your new chopping device.

Anonymous said...

I think sunglasses are *more* important in a dull, gray and gloomy place because your pupils will be dilated so far in order to see through all the mist and half-light that, on that one day a year when the sun manages to show itself, you would end up blindly stumbling about, moaning, shocked by the glare. You could wander out into oncoming traffic like that and then look at what trouble you'd be in.

This is also why you should at least double the spf value of any sunscreen you used in Utah. Because of the glare, though, not the traffic.

Unknown said...

You inspire me to go to the thrift stores more often, so I'm making it a once-a-month date with my mother-in-law to go thrift store hopping ;-)

Sonya said...

Those glasses look great on you and Im going to do more checking around at thrift stores aswell:)

Kaycee said...

I love thrift stores and am completely jealous of your orange and yellow dish.

Sharinskishe said...

What part of Utah are you heading to? I am in Saratoga Springs by Utah Lake.

I lived in Norway for over a year and loved it. I wish sometimes I could transplant back there with my Hubby and kids so that they could experience the beauty of both the land and the people.

Sharinskishe

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails