Monday, June 01, 2009

Potato, Green Bean, and Tuna Salad

I never in a million years thought that this recipe would be edible, but it was one of those things where I had all of the ingredients and I thought "why not?" I don't know why I was so weird about trying it, everything IN it is good... but I have heard a story about some sort of chocolate chicken so I'm wary of trusting things even when all of the ingredients are good!

Potato, Green Bean, and Tuna Salad

500 grams (about 1 lb) new potatoes
500 grams (about 1 lb) green beans
1 small (about the size of a jumbo egg) red onion
1 can tunafish, drained
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/3 cup sliced olives (or one small can)
75 grams (about 3 oz) arugola

Scrub your potatoes up and cook them until just soft. Trim up your beans and snap them in half. Cook your beans for about 5 minutes, just until they're softening but still have a bit of a crunch to them.

While you're waiting for your beans and potatoes to cook, dice a small red onion. Combine the onion, tuna, mayo, and olives and mix well. When your other goodies are done cooking, let them cool for a little while and then add them to the tuna mix.

You can serve this warm or let it cool completely for a couple of hours in the fridge.

Serve on top of a bed of the arugola. If you can't get ahold of arugola, just substitute with whatever greens you can find!

**Quick Tip- I am hooked on using the Ziploc Steam Bags. I usually just toss the potatoes and green beans into a steam bag and steam them. It's fast and easy, and let's face it- I'm lazy! I think I like the potatoes cooked better this way really, they don't get all squishy.

What do you do to save prep time in the kitchen?


As always, be sure to check out Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed with Grace for more yummy recipes.

4 comments:

Noodle said...

I'm lazy! so I cook at ton in the microwave... and a lot of times when I make a cassarole I trow the vegies in with the noodles to boil... And lets see I use the same meausring cup for every thing the pampered chef 2 cup soild and luiqued measurer.. yeah I can't live with out that I use it for every meal...

Anonymous said...

What a great way to eat your veggies sounds delicious. I haven't tried those ziplock baggies but I need too!

Brenda said...

This looks great, I know that I would love it. Nice summer dish.

Pam said...

THis sounds interesting. My daughter loves combinations like this so I will have to try it soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails