Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

There are a surprising amount of Americans living in and around Eindhoven. This means that we get together and celebrate American holidays (like the 4th, Thanksgiving, and Halloweenie things). Every year the North American Women's Club does a 4th of July BBQ. This year I decided to get really festive and bake a pie! In 9 billion degree weather with 9000% humidity! GO ME!

Cherry Blueberry PIE

My crust got a little stuck to the foil so it's not as pretty as I would've hoped, but I thought the star looked pretty awesome.

Martijn contributed by being the MAD (as in insane) BBQer!

DSCN1017

We had a really great turnout! There were about 75 people, and quite a few were new faces so that was fun.

DSCN1024
Happy Fourth!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I have to say, the pie looks great, the bbq looks scrumptious, but Martijn looks scary! I would be too afraid to grab some food. I'd have to stalk around like a racoon and grab some after. Mean Martijn.

blushing rose said...

Oh, how nice for you, pie looks dee-lish! ... May your day sparkle & shine. TTFN ~ Marydon

Sonya said...

That pie looks awesome and you two are so cute! Im so glad you had fun!!

Angela said...

That pie looks delicious!!

Sharinskishe said...

I so want to have some of your pie! I love the star- that was so creative! Hope you had a nice 4th.

Have a wonderful week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails