Thursday, August 06, 2009

10 Random Facts

Lynette over at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground is having a blog hop party today. The idea is to link up your blog and, if you'd like, write 10 interesting or fun things about yourself.

Here we go:

  1. I like British detective series! Right now we're on a Midsomer Murders kick, but I really like A Touch of Frost, Lewis, and Morse as well. I think the US is seriously missing out on something with these.
  2. When I was a little girl, I burned my head on the lightbulb of a fridge. Impressive, eh?
  3. I am a clumsy clumsy person. I've usually got at least one bruise somewhere from running into something... Don't get me started on how often I drop things. It's ridiculous!
  4. I get really frustrated when I go shoe shopping. No one who takes a size 12 or 13 shoe needs a 4-5" heel!!
  5. I really like monkeys. I would like a helper monkey, but Martijn says no because it might bite my face off.
  6. I knew some of Martijn's friends before I met him, but I didn't actually know that until I started feeling interested in him. I mentioned it to one of them and they said "OH! I know him quite well!"
  7. I like to give things strange names. Well, maybe not "strange" but overly obvious. Usually the name ends with an "y" or "ie". We got a little dustbuster vacuum and his name is "Little Sucky." Oddly enough, I haven't named my mobile phone or camera... but pretty much everything else. It's partially Martijn's fault though, he helps me come up with horrible names!
  8. I enjoy historical fiction. If you've read anything good in that genre lately, I'd love suggestions!
  9. The wedding present that I use the most is... My Nintendo DS Lite. I'm so being serious. My co-workers got it for me and it is awesome.
  10. When I'm filthy rich and have a giant house, I'm going to have a bathtub that's at least 7 feet long.

8 comments:

brainella said...

Oh. Love historical fiction too. Have your read the Outlander series?

The light bulb burn is definitely impressive. How?? :)

Kathryn said...

I like some historical fiction. Have you read Ann Rinaldi? She writes historical fiction to a target audience of teen girls, but i think they are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing! :)

JennyMac said...

Fun list...but how in the world do you burn your head on a fridge bulb? :)

JeanieE said...

The monkey biting your face off comment was HILARIOUS! I laughed out loud for that one. haha :)

Wizardress said...

I love your list. How are you feeling? Miss yo u*hugs*

Claudya Martinez said...

I would love to have a bathtub I could stretch all the way out in.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great list.... I enjoyed your post and will be back to read more. I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Mrs4444 said...

I enjoyed these. I like historical fiction, too. Have you read The Kiterunner? Very disturbing here and there, but very compelling and wonderfully written.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails