Monday, August 31, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- August 31, 2009

It's time once again for another fun filled Menu Plan Monday!

Last week went sortof according to plan. I shall bullet my thoughts, since I am in a using bullets phase.


  • The 44 Clove Garlic Soup was good, as expected!


  • The Endive Salad wasn't too bad, though I'm not sure that I'm a huge endive lover. I think I need to try it a few other ways before I make my decision.


  • As for the Crockpot Coconut Curry Chicken... well, I'm not 100% convinced. It wasn't gross, but it certainly wasn't my favorite thing I've ever cooked. It seemed like it was missing some sort of ingredient that would've made my tastebuds dance.


  • The Greek Chicken with Cheese, however, was pretty tasty. I like chicken recipes that can be made on the stove!


  • I cut the spaghetti squash in half to make it the other day and it was rotting from the inside out and the stem end was all mushy and weird. I don't know what happened, but we didn't eat it.


  • Baked Falafels are going on this weeks menu since I didn't get to them- again!


click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas


As for this week:

Baked Falafels- I made these for dinner tonight, so YES I FINALLY GOT TO THEM!

Peppers and Eggs- This is basically just scrambled eggs with bell peppers. I'll serve it with some salsa on top of tortillas.

White Asparagus- We have some white asparagus in the freezer and it is taking up A LOT of space. I'm going to bat my eyelashes at Martijn and ask him if he'll cook it for us!

I'm participating in Sarah's Food Network Chefs Cooking Challenge over at I Blame My Mother, so watch for that food post on Wednesday! I'm keeping it a secret until then but I do have my recipe picked out.

The supermarket has their fresh pasta and sauce on sale this week buy one get one free so I'm going to get some ravioli and tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails