Thursday, November 05, 2009

Funky Monkey(s)

I've had several good questions in my "Ask Me Anything" post. I'll address a couple of them now!

helcat1639 asked me what the photo in my banner was supposed to be... and my dear sweet husband and friend Leslie told me that I needed to make a sock monkey post.

Here's the original photo:
henrietta helping

It's Henrietta the Sock Monkey helping me sew on my 1960's era Husqvarna "Greenie" sewing machine.

sewinghenrietta

I made her awhile ago, so here are a couple of my newest creations.

Joey the Baby Monkey:
Baby Joey Sock Monkey

This guy still needs a name, but there's a definite 80's vibe going on if you ask me!
80's Glam Monkey!

So much so that Martijn told me I needed to make some leg warmers! I couldn't stop at leg warmers alone, so I had to make wrist bands and a sweatband for it's head too.
80's Glam Monkey!

Any good ideas for names?

Also, if you think of any other good questions, be sure to go ask them!! The button below will magically transport you back to you can comment there.

10 comments:

Zair said...

Joey is green, small and stripy and TEH CUTEST THING EVAR!eleventy1 :D *bounce*

Zair said...

Beatrice springs to mind as a name. No clue why.

(I am all the too-bouncy and can't sleep. Don't mind me...)

Connie said...

I love all your monkeys!! They are too cute! You are so crafty!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

These little monkeys are adorable!!! My absolute fave is the green and white one - - - GO SPARTY!!!!

Quincifer said...

The baby monkey is so cute!
My ex's mum is a primary school teacher and she used to teach the kids how to make sock monkeys...they were all over the house!
Popped over from SITS, have a good friday! x

Melissa B. said...

Oh, I just love sock monkeys...so creative! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did. TGIF!

Friday Night Lights

thamarai said...

You shd name him - the dude! :)..The monkeys are so cute! The baby monkey is my fav as well....

Noodle said...

I love your banner even more now that I know the knob in the photo is from greenie... You put so much personality into your monkey's I love it! I have a hard enough time naming my kids so yeah sorry no names for the stary one but she is way cute... and the diaper on the baby is just too cute... Oh and by the way I feel honored that you anwsered my question with your frist post about your ask me anything... =D

Tanya said...

I LOVE your monkeys! I think Richard might be a good name for the 80's one. Love the pictures.

4 Lettre Words said...

Goodness...I so LOVE these!

The 80's guy/gal immediately made me think of Cyndi Lauper. So, maybe "Cyndi", "Lauper" or "Justwannahavefun"??? :o)

Then, I thought of..."FAME!"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails