Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fabulous Fabric Fair*

*It's not really a "fair," but I'm trying to keep the alliteration going, so just pretend.

For a city of it's size, Eindhoven doesn't seem to have a lot of fabric stores. I can only think of a couple. To make up for this though, we have a weekly fabulous fabric market fair on Tuesday in the city center. This is way better than a measly fabric store!

There are rows...
fabricmarket1

and rows...
fabricmarket2

and rows...
Tuesday Fabric Market

Need some denim? Here, how about a selection of about a zillion different types!
Tuesday Fabric Market

Oh, you don't need denim? Well, here's another selection of goodies to peruse. I kinda like the banana fabric personally, thought I'm not sure what I'd use it for. Maybe an apron.

Fabric Market Collage

*****
I'm participating in Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday! I wonder how many other folks used Fabric for their F... Click the link below to see!

Jenny Matlock

17 comments:

My name is Riet said...

Oh I love this post. I had fabric as first on my list because I am a quilter but then I had to make a picture of my stash and I had already enough pictures in my collage. And I also love your post because it is the market in Eindhoven, and that is the city where I was born and lived a big part of my life.Very near that same marketplace and I even worked there.Oh my goodness nostalgia :)))) I am going to follow you.BTW I like your pictures with the fabric stalls. I can never pass one without having a long look.

Homegrown Family said...

Heaven!


Erika

Wizardress said...

Looks like fun :) although I'm not nearly the creative that youare. *Hugss* Happy Friday!

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, wow! I so LOVE all of the great markets/fairs that you have nearby. Very cool!

Have a great weekend, Kim!

brainella said...

Now if I just had a decent sewing machine! I love looking at fabric and have dreams of creating nifty things. I'm not that talented.

Pondside said...

Wow that took me back, because I've been to the market/fair in Eindhoven. We once lived near Heerlen, so it was a hop, skip and a jump.

Jessica said...

I'm jealous. We have fabric stores by the plenty here in Portland, but not like that, and not so conveniently located.

Amy said...

I am really wanting to move there... aside from the language barrier and the lack of sunshine, I think it would be ideal! You must be in heaven once a week!

Amanda Lee said...

Hang on, I'm coming! Just as soon as I get my passport updated and buy a plane ticket! :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

OH this is really cool! So they travel arounnd to towns that do not have fabric stores? WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!...... but that could be very dangerous!!

Jo said...

I love your pictures of the fabric fair! what an amazing selection of goodies ... it must take forever to decide when you have so many choices!

Jenny said...

Oh, oh, oh....I adore this F abulous F post.

I want to come shop there.

I mean...ummm.... Mrs. Matlock wants to come shop at the F estival of F ine and F abulous F abrics.

This is sooooo cool!

I love this post!

A++++++++++++++++++++

Unknown said...

Oh, wow... all that gorgeous fabric. What fun!

Unknown said...

me, me , me! I used fabric, well you know that I guess...I need to come shop this fabric mecca......swooooon!

Mrs4444 said...

I love this eye-candy! This would be a great post for Sundays in My City (Unknown Mami), too :)

Sarah said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I would buy WAY too much fabric because I am a sucker for it. How cool is that??

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails