Thursday, October 28, 2010

F is for Flapdoodle

I really floundered when it came to finding something to post about this week. I considered fabricating a fantastic fable, but came up empty.

I asked Martijn for help and his solution was to start adding F to the beginning of every word instead of what it really begins with. I'm a little embarrassed to feature how completely immature we can be sometimes... but we started to get the giggles when many of the words started sounding like "fart" at the beginning.

Since that obviously wasn't a good solution, I turned to the dictionary and found a few fascinating words to share today. Some of these I was already familiar with but there are some good new ones too!


flabbergast: to overwhelm with shock, surprise, or wonder

flotsam: floating wreckage from a ship OR useless or discarded objects

foreboding: an omen, prediction, or presentiment especially of coming evil

frangible: readily or easily broken

frowst: stifling warmth in a room

fubsy: chubby and somewhat squat

fuddy-duddy: one that is old-fashioned

and my favorite-

flapdoodle: nonsense

Well that's it for this week. Mrs. Matlock, I hope you won't FAIL me for this foolish flapdoodle.

*****

This week F is for... uh... F words? But good F words... not the bad ones, this is a family friendly post afterall! Make sure to go check out the other participants by clicking on the picture below.

Jenny Matlock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails