Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sunday Stroll Along the Canal

We recently discovered that there are quite a lot of houseboats on the canal nearby. Houseboats in Amsterdam are pretty common, but I didn't realize there were so many within spitting distance of our house down here!

022

Several were hidden and completely out of sight.

018

There were some with garden sheds too, which struck me as kinda funny. I wouldn't expect to have a garden if I was living on a boat, but some of these folks did!

017

The further down the canal we wandered, the more industrial the area became.

023

Eventually we found this giant scrapheap and decided to head back home.

036

Too bad the map we found was for the WRONG PART OF THE CITY!

*****

Be sure to visit Unknown Mami for more Sundays in My City.
Unknown Mami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails