Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- March 28, 2011

I found a meal planner called Dinner Tool. I'm still playing around with it a little but it looks like it might be kinda useful. You can plan your dinners and it will make a shopping list for you. One downside seems to be the recipe archiive didn't have a ton of recipes that I was feeling wild about, BUT they do allow you to add your own and share them. You can drag and drop your meal choices into the planner or click on I'm Feeling Hungry (which totally cracks me up for some reason):

dinnertool

Anyhow, like I said, I'm still playing around with it some so I didn't use it to do this week's menu... but I thought I'd share in case someone else finds it to be of use to them!

Last week:

I made the Quinoa & Black Beans and loooooved it. I only used one can of beans and canned corn instead of frozen. This is a keeper folks!

The Mexican Red Lentil Stew was also really good. I added some chicken to stretch it out a little and chopped up an avocado and added it into the bowls when I served it.

I took some creative liberties with the Lentil Shepherd's Pie. I changed the seasonings up a bit. I made pureed celeriac (mixed with a little instead mashed potato) for the top and sprinkled cheese over it. I really enjoyed the lentils in it and I think I'd make it again if I could remember the alterations I made!

I also made this Strawberry Spinach Salad even though it wasn't on my menu. You should make it too. Martijn even gobbled it up, and he's not much of a fruit man.



This week:

Chicken Chimichangas- These look tasty... I think I'll bake them instead of frying though.

Greek Lamb Kofta with Lemony Rice- Martijn is cooking this one for his dinner group this week.

Pop-Up Pizza Pie- I think I'll toss in more veggies and use real eggs but I think this looks really good.

Apple & Melted Brie Sandwiches with some kind of soup... Any suggestions?

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails