Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- June 13, 2011

Last week went over pretty well.

  • Everyone at the potluck liked the Thai Minced Chicken Salad.
  • The Mexican Pizza on cauliflower crust was quite tasty. It's not -really- pizza but it's close enough to make me feel quite happy! This would be a good one to turn vegetarian by leaving out the chicken since it's still pretty filling without.
  • Now the Seafood Stuffed Peppers... I substituted quinoa for the rice and they were good but a little bland. I think if I were to make this one again I'd add some seasonings in to jazz it up a little.
  • I didn't really follow the recipe for the almond crusted fish but I did make it! I really like using almond meal to crust fish... I ought to do it more often!

For this week:

Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos- This came across in my Google Reader yesterday and I knew I had to make it. It looks so so tasty. Plus I can try grilling fish on my snazzy new contact grill.

Asian Inspired Slaw- Since I'll have leftover cabbage from the fish tacos I thought this would be a good way to use some of it. I think a head of cabbage is like the gift that keeps giving... and giving... and giving... and giving. I'll toss in some chicken for some added protein to make it a main course.

Pork Sate- It's been ages since I made this and I think it will probably taste good with the leftover slaw that will inevitably be there!

Since today is my birthday (yay me!) we're going to the in-laws for dinner and I don't have to cook (yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails